Sr. Web Designer
Undercover Tourist, an established e-commerce company, is looking for a Senior UI/UX Web Designer to lead and manage all design needs, including our new website redesign.
Responsible for creative solutions from concept through completion using HTML and CSS, the Senior UI/UX Web Designer must partner with internal teams to understand the business needs and to deliver work that is compelling, usable and in-line with business objectives.
Successful candidates will have a strong technical background, as well as the passion and speed that goes along with building an innovative, user-friendly website.
We want you to live and breathe interactive design, and help us keep up-to-date with web trends and technologies. You must be comfortable proactively managing deadlines and rapid change, as we are a small, nimble team!
This position is located at Undercover Tourist’s executive headquarters in Austin, TX.
- A self-sufficient leader, able to drive a design initiative from beginning to end
- Up-to-date on the latest industry trends; constantly thinking of new ideas and approaches
- Able to speak conversantly about design and programming with any audience
- Intimately familiar with design and UX best practices
- Online portfolio that showcases your own UI/UX design. (Prefer e-commerce focus)
- 5+ years of professional experience designing new web and mobile apps from the ground up
- Experience designing across multiple channels (web, mobile, messaging)
- Deep knowledge of visual design tools (Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Fluency in front-end implementation/prototyping (HTML5 and CSS)
- Familiarity with Web standards, responsive frameworks and CMS
- Eye for well-crafted user experiences
- Understanding of cross-platform and cross-browser compatibility issues
- Experience integrating front-end templates with back-end functionality
- Start-up and e-commerce experience preferred or a self-starter approach to work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to Have:
- IOS/Android design experience or desire to learn/develop
- Illustrator, Photoshop, SVN, LESS, Bootstrap, HTML5, CSS3, CodeKit, jQuery
- Undercover Tourist offers a generous pay and benefits package, including fully covered health insurance. We want the finest possible talent on our team and we work hard to keep everyone happy! Our team is small, but we deliver big results while still leading a balanced life. You’ll enjoy flexible work hours, free snacks and drinks, along with a comfy tv/game room as you get to know your other coworkers.
- Undercover Tourist is the leading supplier of online discount tickets to Orlando, Florida-area attractions, including Disney World, Universal Studios Orlando, SeaWorld, Richard Petty Driving Experience, Medieval Times and more. We send our customers to their favorite attractions, faster and for less.
- Undercover Tourist, based in Austin, TX, was founded in June 2000 (legal name InsiderGuide.com, LC). We have a successful YouTube channel (featured in Mashable), Blog, Affiliate Program, Bestselling apps on iPhone, Android, Blackberry & Windows 7 and very happy customers.