Senior UI/UX Designer
FUJIFILM, SonoSite, Inc. We are an innovative and high performance culture with tremendous opportunities. People who work here are given the unique opportunity to contribute to the advancement of healthcare throughout the world. Headquartered in Bothell, WA USA, FUJIFILM SonoSite is represented by a global distribution network in over 100 countries. Since its inception, FUJIFILM SonoSite’s lightweight, robust products have created and led the point-of-care ultrasound market. From sophisticated urban hospital emergency rooms to clinics in austere, remote villages, FUJIFILM SonoSite systems are used by over 21 medical specialties and provide clinicians around the world with a cost-effective tool for improving patient safety and workflow efficiency. FUJIFILM SonoSite holds a number of prestigious design awards and has in excess of 145 patents.
The SonoSite Experience Design Team is seeking a Sr. UI/UX Designer to help define future product solutions to meet real user needs for current and future medical devices and systems. This position works across disciplines to create engaging and original designs supporting user experience goals. We are looking for a designer with a passion for user centered design and delivering simple and stunning user interfaces that accelerate user workflow. You will be working across different products and platforms and expected to push the state-of-the-art in visual and experience design.
• Translate user research into design solutions
• Express design ideas through wireframes and comps
• Work cooperatively in a team environment
• Learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
• A positive attitude, open mind, and a desire to collaborate
• A portfolio of work that demonstrates the above
Knowledge and Education:
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• Understanding of user interface principles
• A bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related field required
• Experience with design and wireframing tools (for example: Axure, Sketch, Invision)
• Experience working in a Medical Device environment desired
• Experience designing interfaces for hardware devices and familiarity with the firmware/software development process desired
Skill and Abilities:
• Strong understanding of design-thinking process
• UX and Visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
• Prototyping skills for web and mobile devices
• Experience with prototyping for usability studies
• Advanced Axure dynamic interaction skills
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced small team environment under minimal supervision.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Ability to lift 25lbs with or without accommodations.
FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc . offers a fantastic compensation package, including benefits, and a 401k program. Visit us today to learn more about our exciting technologies and how you can make a difference. To apply and obtain further details regarding key responsibilities and experience requirements, check out our careers page at www.SonoSite.com/careers .
FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and / or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Reasources department via phone at 425-951-1200 , or via e-mail at email@example.com . Additionally, the affirmative program/plan is available for review upon formal request by employees and applicants for employment in the Human Resources office during regular office hours.