Senior Software Engineer/Technical Lead
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER/TECHNICAL LEAD
The Senior Software Engineer/Technical Lead will be responsible for delivering Spin.com’s next generation publishing platform. This position will oversee architecture and delivery of a next generation CMS platform while also maintaining and porting existing operations. This position reports to the CTO.
Who We Are:
From the concert stage to the dressing room, from the recording studio to the digital realm, SPIN surveys the modern musical landscape and the culture around it with authoritative reporting, provocative interviews, and a discerning critical ear. Launched in 1985, SPIN Media produces SPIN Magazine and SPIN.com.
Job Responsibilities Include:
– Lead a team of developers in building Spin.com’s CMS platform (ideally leveraging best of breed software solutions, experience with a breath of CMS solutions is a big plus).
– Run weekly project status meetings, track status of existing issues and identify new issues and risks.
– Code, test, and configure both internal and external software applications.
– Manage day to day operational, project and resource allocation issues.
– Be an integral part of the build / buy decisions for major software components.
– Contribute to the software and web technology strategy of the company.
Strong candidates will have a love of indie music, a demonstrated ability to creatively problem-solve and contribute to the improvement of internal processes. You must be a highly organized, detail-oriented hard working, and motivated self-starter.