Senior Product Owner
As a Senior E-commerce Product Owner you will be responsible for helping the lead product development at one of the world’s most successful E-commerce companies. Reaching 4.5 million room nights booked per week, to work at Booking.com stands alongside the likes of Amazon, Ebay and Taobao as a career defining opportunity.
Together with the Frontend Director and the other Senior Product Owners, you will define the strategic direction of the Booking.com customer experience across desktop, mobile and email marketing. Other important parts of your role will be to coach and mentor Product Owner(s) reporting to you, and to take direct ownership of your own part of the product.
The role requires a candidate with significant digital experience and excellent commercial acumen. You should bring an obsessive desire to drive conversion through the measured implementation of research lead and data driven user experience changes. Furthermore as a part of an intricate machine and large business you should also possess excellent communication skills.
This is a high-pressure position with significant responsibility, offering a fantastic opportunity to improve the customer experience of the world’s leading online hotel reservation website.
As a product strategy leader
- Work to maximize business growth by allocating as effectively as possible the available design and development resources,
- Understand the opportunities and threats for the business, and based on this guide the product development roadmap.
- Act as a role model to Product Owners and other people within the product development organization.
As coach/ mentor
- Empower and challenge your report(s) to deliver the best user experience and business results within their product area(s)
- Manage the performance of your report(s) and mentor them to grow to the next level
As a Product Owner
- Work together with the technical talent in your team to define development priorities of your own area of product
- Research and specify new site features and enhancements to existing features
- Liaise with designers, developers and other product owners to achieve the optimal implementation of changes
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate the impact of experiments using in combination of web analytics, user analytics, user surveys and internal tools
- Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering, technology or business with relevant work experience
- Experience working with large, high traffic (100+k visitors per day) websites, preferably e-commerce sites
- 5+ years of product management or product design experience
- 5+ years of end to end ownership of software driven projects
- 5+ years of experience with direct contract to customers and engaging customers to understand their needs
- A bias for action, demonstrated track record in seeing projects through to completion and delivering results
- Superior analytical skills and a track record of delivering innovative products
- Desire to work directly on product optimization
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically ans tactically in a high-energy, fast paced environment
- Experience working with constrained resources and to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, technology or business with relevant work experience
- Experience with A/B testing or Multivariate testing
- Experience with the SCRUM methodology
You are you, We are Booking!
We are a global company headquartered in the beautiful city of Amsterdam. Our culture is built around good ideas and a collaborative environment. We all share the responsibility to make our company even better. We believe that every employee can add their own unique value to the company, just by being you. We invite you to make your own mark on the company. Together we can set off on an exciting journey.
We offer a competitive salary plus bonuses, with opportunities for career progression within our fast growing company. This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation we will assist you with a relocation package insuring a smooth transition to working and living in the Netherlands, where you’ll be joining a team of people from all over the world who now call Amsterdam home.
How to apply
Please Apply via https://workingatbooking.com/vacancies/senior-product-owner/