Senior Product Designer
GetYourGuide is busy revolutionizing the tours and activities space, fundamentally changing how people discover and book things to do in their destination. We come to work everyday because we are passionate about turning our customers’ trips into amazing experiences. Design is a critical part of this mission.
Never content with where we are, we are seeking a Senior Product Designer who can see beyond what GetYourGuide is today and can execute on a vision for how it can better serve travelers around the world.
What you’ll do:
- Work in a cross-functional team of developers, product managers and other designers dedicated to a specific Customer mission, contributing both to the broader picture as well as the details, ensuring quality every step of the way.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for the millions of users on our platform.
- Design experiences and flows that are incredibly simple and elegant.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
What you should bring:
- You are an excellent communicator and collaborator (we work in an agile and dynamic environment in which openness and humility are key).
- You have exceptional visual and interaction design skills proven by shipping great products over your 5+ years of experience.
- You are user-centric and believe understanding users is an essential tool in your design process.
- You are results and data driven, validating your assumptions by A/B testing and comfortable looking at dashboards and KPIs to interpreting them into Customer interactions, problems and opportunities.
- You can quickly bring ideas to life using prototyping tools like InVision and turn them to high-quality designs and final assets in Sketch.
- You are versed in designing for an array of devices and platforms and familiar with current web and mobile standards.
- You are self-motivated and comfortable working in ambiguity. We are a growing startup and much of your work will be self-directed.
It would be outstanding if:
- You have worked in eCommerce, travel or on a data-driven product development team.
- You are familiar with UX techniques such as Personas or Journey Maps and user research.
At GetYourGuide, we value exploring and learning quickly, succeeding and failing as we go. Our work is never finished, and that applies to developing ourselves and our skills.
Become a member of our Berlin team, full of co-workers from all over the world, that love to learn and laugh together.
We aim to make your life as comfortable as possible with free breakfast, coffee, beers and pizza. As well as assist you with your relocation and integration in form of German lessons.
Our compensation is competitive and includes a Virtual Stock Option program.
It goes without saying, that you’ll be able to test and try our products first hand with GetYourGuide activity vouchers.
Do you think you can rock the job? Then, we’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Be sure to find out more about our Product team: read Spotlight on Product Design on our blog. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.