Head of Design (m/f)
Motivated. Inspired. Innovative. Curious. History’s greatest explorers and GetYourGuiders have a lot in common – a taste for adventure included.
We’ve set out to change the way that people discover the world by making it easier to find amazing things to do. GetYourGuide.com offers the world’s biggest selection of activities – from skip-the-line entry to the Eiffel Tower to cooking classes in Marrakech. At our offices our international team is already hard at work. Now, all that’s missing is you! With ownership from the get-go and plenty of room to grow, you’ll get to make big contributions alongside smart, inspired people.
We are looking for a passionate user experience and product designer for our design team. We seek a thought-leader in our work to research, envision, design, and help develop a kick-ass user experience. You should be an excellent communicator with a strong design sense, a technical background, and the ability to effectively present and advocate for your ideas.
As a humble devotee of user-centered design, you should understand the value of listening carefully and learning from users and co-workers alike. You should know how to get things done while working with a wide variety of personalities and perspectives.
- Act as a key design voice within the company, and ensure that user experience and design play a key role within our product strategy
- Work with a strong team of product designers to take our UX to the next level
- Inspire our team of designers to be engaged, effective, and productive
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, engineers, and other stakeholders within the company
- Have a solid understanding of our users and their needs
- Help the product leadership team drive the product vision
- Discern between solutions that provide real user value, and ones that don’t
- Contribute flexible design patterns that ensure a consistent user experience
- Help define the information architecture, user model, and UI across the product
- Be passionate about creating an experience that serves and delights our users
- Create mockups and prototypes that bring design ideas to life
- Conduct user research and usability tests
- Help colleagues succeed – we’re all in this together!
- You are excellent at designing interfaces for any screen and platform
- You can code your own designs and know how to work together efficiently with engineers
- You enjoy working on and improving one product for a longer period of time
- You have 6+ years of experience designing for screens
- You have no problem saying no and always plan for the future
- You think in user flows and not in pages
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills
- You have a track record in driving usability tests and user research
- You have a passion for typography and iconography
- A Bachelor or higher design-related education
- You have experience with graphic design for various forms of printed media and branding
- Experience with mentoring and managing other designers
This is a full-time position in Berlin. We offer relocation assistance and many other perks.