Senior Product Designer- UX
About Castlight Health
Castlight Health was founded in 2008 by Todd Park, Bryan Roberts, and Giovanni Colella. Together, they had a simple but far-reaching dream: to transform health care in the United States. Having spent their careers at the intersection of health care and technology, they sought to tackle one of health care’s fundamental problems — the lack of transparency in the price and quality of health care. Nearly every person they met told them that it could not be done, and that it would never happen because the complexity of the problem was insurmountable.
Today, Castlight is helping employers across the country address a broad range of enterprise health care and benefits challenges. Castlight empowers people to make better health care decisions and achieve better outcomes for themselves and their families. At Castlight Health, we’re incredibly proud of our passionate, mission-driven team. Together with our customers and partners, we are living our dream and truly transforming health care.
About the role
The candidate for this role will have deep experience and understanding of both interaction and visual design for web and mobile applications, and will work with other designers, developers, and business leaders to help define and create the user experience of our Castlight suite of products.
- 5+ years of UX (user experience) design for web applications. Experience with mobile applications is a plus
- Portfolio of work including work from concept to completion, and demonstrating a path from goals to final product
- Competency in Visual Design
- At least 4 years experience in software tools for creating design deliverables such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong functional understanding of enterprise software
- Experience working closely with engineers and product managers
- Project and program management skills, including scope definition, deadlines, stakeholder management and corporate accountability
- Extensive experience with the user centered design (UCD) process and experience in designing transactional applications
- Solid understanding of information architecture, mastery of user interface design, and strong visual design sensibility
- Exposure to basic user research techniques such as contextual inquiry, user interviews, usability testing, as well as a solid understanding of how to incorporate insights from user research into the user interface design process
- Willingness and ability to contribute to the creative spirit of the Experience Design team and of the company
- Passion for design and eagerness to collaborate with other creative people.
- Knack for designing innovative, elegant solutions to extremely complex problems
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple small to large projects in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to influence strong-minded teams through design leadership
- Excellent communication skills, both speaking and writing. Ability to grasp the essence of a complicated idea and communicate it clearly
- High sense of integrity and awareness of how product decisions can impact individual lives
- Passion for helping people understand and get the best out of their health care
- Strong team player—unwavering respect and compassion for others
Bonus points for
- Experience with visual design and user research
- Experience with an agile development process
- Experience designing consumer and enterprise software
- Project management and businesses development experience and skills
- Own the end-to-end design of your work including defining design goals, user research, workflows, wireframes, prototypes, and visual design.
- Develop compelling product experiences for a highly complex and configurable product
- Determine design direction by testing a range of design concepts
- Achieve a deep understanding of our users’ wants, needs, motivations, and contexts and advocate for them throughout the design process
- Advocate for the user and effectively communicate the value of user experience and design across the organization
- Collaborate with partners in design, product management, engineering, as well as other stakeholders to understand product goals and objectives
- Participate in various user research activities, including interviews, surveys, and usability testing
- Clearly define the design problems to be addressed with care to balance user, customer and business goals
- Clearly communicate all aspects of your design with your project teams and the larger business from design goals to final product
- Set and track measurable success metrics to report on design impact.
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with your UX design counterparts to ensure a cohesive experience across products