Senior Manager, Mobile Strategy & Design – OPEN Forum
OPEN Forum (openforum.com) is an award-winning community created by American Express OPEN that provides advice, insights and connections to help small business owners and entrepreneurs grow their business.
We are a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team leading digital innovation at American Express.
We are looking for an eager, forward-thinking Senior Manager to join our team to help us advance and transform OPEN Forum to deliver on our mission of helping the entrepreneurial community succeed. The Senior Manager will be responsible for leading the mobile strategy & design for OPEN Forum.
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establish a mobile strategy and roadmap for OPEN Forum (addressing our approach to responsive, apps, etc)
- Design broad concept prototypes for an OPEN Forum app and then translate into a simple, elegant and executable experience
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineers and designers to create and launch a new OPEN Forum app
- Create mobile design guiding principles and partner with the rest of the design team to incorporate into their work
- 5+ years of experience in Interaction Design
- Strong design portfolio showcasing mobile web and app work with a clear demonstration of delivering simple, modern, and engaging experiences
- Past experience designing for a community driven experience is a plus
- Disruptive thinker who can effectively apply business needs, customer insights, the landscape and key trends to develop simple, elegant & usable products
- Clear understanding of the mobile landscape and new trends
- Experience managing cross functional teams of designers and engineers
- Background in Agile Development; experience with the Lean Method is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven self starter who can navigate through ambiguity and facilitate decision making
- Proficient in key design tools like OmniGrafﬂe, Illustrator and Photoshop. Ability to create prototypes in HTML is a plus
- Degree in design-related field
How to apply
Please send resume/CV and portfolio URL to -