Senior Interaction Designer
The Sr. Interaction Designer will work with our other interaction designers, product management and engineering team. The Sr. Interaction Designer will be responsible for discovery, ideation, user needs analysis, concepts, wireframes and specifications. Some research, prototyping and/or visual design may also be part of the role, depending on the candidate’s skill set. As a senior member the team, the designer will take a very visible, senior role within the company as an advocate for User Experience. In addition to excellent user interaction design skills, strong candidates should have experience thinking in terms of end-to-end UI design, applying strategic thinking and business goals to designs, focusing on user feedback, and understanding the relationship between visual design and interaction. The Sr. Interaction Designer will be responsible for delivering all aspects of interaction design: initial concepts, wireframes, creating functional specifications, working with product managers to define requirements, working with visual designers to create visual mocks and assets, and working with usability researchers to refine personas and market understanding, and working with engineering on implementation.
- Participate in the discovery and requirements process with the Product Manager, Engineering Manager and User Research. Drive the clarification of the user tasks and objectives.
- Develop detailed user interface design concepts and wireframes, usage scenarios, task analysis, specifications, navigation maps, style guidelines, and other UI design documents.
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team.
- Work with usability researchers to ensure that the designs meet the needs of our target customers.
- Coordinate with visual designers to ensure that visual design mockups and assets meet the objectives of the user experience, fit with the overall brand, are consistent, support engineering needs, etc.
- Work directly with engineering team to help drive concepts through to execution.
- 7+ years as an interaction designer, creating excellent interfaces that delight the customer.
- Experience with touch-based, mobile or handheld applications a plus, but not required.
- Experience designing the initial framework of an application or website is also a strong plus.
- Strong, proven experience with retail and/or consumer based designs is required.
- High degree of creativity and problem solving.
- Exceptional understanding of fundamental design principals.
- Strong conceptual, visual and analytical skills.
- Exceptional, proven leadership, organizational and communication skills.
- Relentless attention to detail and to consistency.
- Ability to collaborate with the larger team.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Design, or related field.
Founded in May 2009 by Osman Rashid, co-founder of Chegg and Babur Habib, a consumer electronics veteran. Kno has a world-class management team from Apple, Cisco, HP, Intel, TiVo, Chegg and Palm. The company has received funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Intel Capital, Goldman Sachs, Advanced Publications, FLOODGATE, First Round Capital, Ron Conway, Silicon Valley Bank, SV Angels and TriplePoint Capital and is based in Santa Clara, California.
How to apply
Please send your resume and a cover letter to