Senior Front-End Web Developer
Dynamit is seeking a talented, hard working, and driven front-end web developer to join our team. We are looking for people who are dedicated to learning, continuous improvement, and delivering the best work possible.
- HTML. Adept at hand-coding standards-compliant, semantically correct HTML.
- CSS. Expert-level CSS skills and the ability to write clean, well-structured CSS.
- Web services, JSON, XML. Deep understanding of RESTful web services and the ability to consume them from the client side.
- Mobile. Experience creating websites for mobile devices. Understanding of the concepts and practices of responsive design.
- Ability to use CSS for complex layouts (no tables). Knowledge of grid systems and fluid layouts with CSS.
- Full understanding of the DOM and extensive experience with jQuery.
- Intimate knowledge of cross-browser issues and ability to debug css/html across browsers, platforms, and devices.
- Excited to push new web technologies and experiences.
- Comfortable working both on a team and individually.
- Ability to provide time estimates for your work and hit deadlines.
- Experience building responsively.
- Basic knowledge of a server language (e.g. PHP).
- Work with a sense of urgency to deliver consistently.
- Take responsibility and ownership of your work.
- Maintain a positive attitude, be helpful, respectful and courteous when engaging the team.
- Maximize your time and output by thinking creatively and working smarter, not just harder.
- This is a full-time position.
- This job is at our headquarters in Columbus, Ohio (Arena District).
- Benefits include: competitive salary; flexible hours; paid holidays and vacation; health/vision/dental 100% covered by Dynamit; free downtown parking.
Dynamit is an end-to-end strategy and software company focused on delivering the highest quality digital work with its clients. A multi-disciplined team partners with client stakeholders in IT, marketing, strategy and communications to realize robust solutions with implications for their customers and bottom line. Dynamit serves clients in multiple sectors including: restaurant, retail, healthcare, hospitality and media.
Dynamit was recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies in the United States in 2012 and was named the Ohio Interactive Agency of the Year in 2011. Client work has been honored in the Webby Awards, The New York Times and a variety of other publications. Dynamit is based in Columbus, Ohio.
Clients include: BBC, AP, McGraw Hill, American Electric Power, Bell Helicopter, Hilton Worldwide, The Ohio State Wexner Medical Center, California Medical Association, Pizza Hut, Panda Express, Charley’s Grilled Subs, Whataburger, Marzetti, LimtedBrands, Loblaws, JoeFresh, LaSenza