Senior Front-End Web Developer
Edvisors is currently seeking a Senior Front-End Web Developer with 7-10 years of professional experience to join our development team in Quincy, Massachusetts. Your skills will be leveraged to help bring a cohesive vision to our network of 30+ core web properties, which together generate over 1 million hits per month. You’ll be a key contributor and have a voice in determining the future direction of our front-end development efforts.
• Transform high-level business requirements into high quality functional websites and evaluate pros and cons of various design and implementation options.
• Be a key contributor to a small web team in the redesign and revitalization of our network of 30 existing sites and development of new sites, with a focus on best practices in design, usability, Search Engine Optimization, and User Experience.
• Involvement in the full development life cycle, including requirements gathering, design specifications, coding, testing, deployment and maintenance.
• Communicate directly with team members, business leaders, and senior management to help drive successful design, implementation, and launch plans.
• 7-10 years experience in design and technical implementation of customer-facing web sites.
• Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, and solid visual & interaction design skills.
• Experience coding in PHP or other scripting languages (Perl, Python).
• Experience with frameworks such as Kohana & Symfony.
• Experience with cross-platform/cross-browser testing.
• Experience with SVN or other source control systems.
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, written and oral communications skills.
• Experience with Search Engine Optimization techniques.
• Experience with Google Analytics.
• Experience with refactoring & performance tuning.
• Familiarity with Mac OS X and Linux.
• Working knowledge of phpBB and WordPress.
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
• Bachelors’ degree in a technical/visual design/HCI discipline or equivalent.
We are an established and successful online education marketing company that fosters a friendly, team-oriented and collaborative working environment. Edvisors mission is to Better Educate the World by providing a richer, more fulfilling education experience to students, educators and parents worldwide. We offer a competitive base salary with bonus, full medical benefits, disability coverage, 401(k), and free garage parking or MBTA reimbursement. Our office is also MBTA-accessible (Quincy Center Station/Red Line). Learn more about our company at Edvisors.com/About/
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject " Senior Front-End Developer " and a resume in plain text or PDF format.