Senior Front End Developer / UI Lead
Our company, Edvisors (www.edvisors.com/about/), owns and operates 30 sites with great traffic (1 million visits per month) helping students further their education. We are now looking to completely re-brand and revitalize the look, feel and flow to provide a better user experience and improve functionality. We need a talented well rounded developer and design lead to build interactive and professional looking websites that work well for the visitors and our business objectives.
Responsibilities will include pro-actively maintaining and developing web properties which include informational portals, membership / social sites, blogs and forums. Candidate will lead the entire web team to improve usability and conversion rates. You will learn our audience and use the information to propel our marketing efforts. Product Managers will facilitate this by sharing demographic data, historical results and general coaching. The Senior Developer will initiate and lead new and ongoing projects while providing important feedback as we scope and prioritize plans for the future.
- Transform high-level business requirements into high quality and functional websites. Educate top management on pros and cons of various design and implementation options
- Lead a small web team in the re-design, re-branding and re-vitalization of our network of 30 existing sites and new sites as developed, insuring best practices in design, usability, SEO and UI are incorporated
- Coordinate interaction among developers, product managers and IT to lead the develpment process, intiate continuous improvement in design and monitor the impact of these changes on business performance
- Design, build and support complex customer-facing web sites / applications in a LAMP development environment with a small team
- Involvement in full development life cycle; design, coding, test, build, QA, deployment and maintenance
- Take ownership of the company’s brand guidelines and design standards
- Experience with Google Analytics, SEO, and SEM
- Experience with Cohana or other MVC frameworks, WordPress, and PHPbb
- Experience with Web services, AJA, jQuery, Scriptaculous, Prototype
- Bachelors degree in Design, Marketing and/or Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent