About Ygrene Energy Fund
Ygrene, headquartered in Santa Rosa, CA, is the leading developer & administrator of energy efficiency and renewable energy financing programs in the U.S. Ygrene delivers a no-cost, turnkey financing model, on behalf of municipal governments, to residential and commercial customers. The company’s financing model enables property owners in partner jurisdictions to finance renewable energy, energy efficiency, water efficiency, and wind hardening improvements.
If you are intensely curious about all things technical, love to figure out how things work under the hood, handle development surprises with “I can fix that”, and love to share your knowledge with the rest of our team, then we really want you to join us. As a Senior Developer at Ygrene, you’ll use Ruby on Rails, along with Agile development methods, to develop applications and systems that are the foundation of our business.
The ideal candidate should think of herself/himself as a startup-minded engineer ready to take ownership and make large, immediate contributions. You must be able to think through our product offerings and have a strong influence on features, designs, and roadmaps while developing smart and intuitive business systems.
Specifically, you will:
- Design, scope and implement new systems and features – from financial transaction processing to innovative event-driven project management workflow processes
- Work with Product Management, Marketing, and Business Development to define features, priorities and timelines
- Help us continue to improve on our commitment to the Agile principles, focusing on test-driven development, pairing, and continuous process improvement
- Lead and mentor other team members and act as a subject matter expert in your field
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in CS or related discipline. Advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing high volume transactional web applications including 3+ years experience using RoR
- Broad industry knowledge – comfortable with concepts like REST and tools like Cucumber, CoffeeScript, Backbone, Chef, and Amazon Web Services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially the ability to explain complex technical subjects to a non-technical audience
- Understanding of the financial services industry a plus
- Strong work ethic and a collaborative can-do attitude
How to apply