We are looking for a talented, eager copywriter to write snappy, witty, brand-reinforcing product descriptions and supplementary material for our website and catalog. The ideal candidate can keep up in a fast-paced work environment, won’t crack under pressure, and will capture our unique brand voice through well-written, clever copy.
- Ideal candidate will have a background in journalism, English or creative writing.
- 1-2 years of experience. Internships and freelance work acceptable.
- Should be highly creative and curious, interested in our products, able to capture the brand voice and be super-efficient.
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a creative and diverse team.
- Follows directions well and learns from critique, but is also very self-motivated.
- Write descriptions, headlines and artist profiles for a constant flow of new products for our website (Ranges from 20-50 new items/week). The right candidate should love the accomplished feeling that comes with meeting a deadline!
- Write and edit product copy for our quarterly catalog and our award-winning website. Quirkiness and a bit of humor are encouraged and appreciated!
- Work under very tight deadlines. We said it before, and we’ll say it again. Our customers want new products, and we want to provide them, but we need copy to back them up. Check out our Voting Tool: http://www.uncommongoods.com/voting/product/begin to see what we mean.
- Work closely with the head copywriter and head merchant to help maintain the brand voice of our website and catalog. Our products are Uncommon, and our brand voice reinforces that fact.
- Be a part of an exciting, creative, collaborative team environment and a friendly, informal work atmosphere where you will work across departments to satisfy project requirements and meet tight deadlines (see, we brought it up that deadline thing again!)
- Our company focus is toward sustainability, with an emphasis on how we impact the world. We truly work to recycle, reduce, and reuse.