Senior Cloud Engineer
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry. We are currently seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer to join our team in the Washington, DC office.
Join our team of more than one hundred software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
• advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
• mobile support for the user interfaces
• learning management systems with social media features
• user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
• innovative, machine-scorable items
The Senior Cloud Engineer is responsible for the design, creation, configuration and delivery of cloud infrastructure environments using best practices and a proactive strategy. The function of the role will include all technological aspects associated with cloud computing technology stack including:
- security, design
- planning, management, maintenance and support
The scope of the role includes the extensive knowledge of private, public, and hybrid cloud models.
• Bachelors Computer Science or related field. Equivalent experience considered.
• 8+ years of systems engineering experience with at least 5 in cloud based architecture e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Rackspace Cloud
• Experience providing enterprise Linux and Windows based system administration
• Design and deployment experience with most of the following technologies: Apache Tomcat, VMWare, Windows Server IIS, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL, Oracle, and MySQL
• Experience with scripting languages such as Ruby, Perl, Python, PHP etc.
• Experience in automation tools such Kickstart, Chef, and Puppet
• Deep technical experience in one or more of the following areas: Software design or development, Application Design, Networking, and IT Security
• Experience in monitoring, metrics collection, and reporting using open source tools
• Excellent organizational skills, and oral and written communication skills
• Ability to be on call or assure critical incident response 24×7×365
• Solid understanding of PKI. Hardware Security Module (HSM) management experience a plus.
• Industry certifications, preferably MSCE, MCP, RHCE, CCNA and CCNP
• Solid understanding of Software Development Lifecycle
• Security compliance experience such as ITIL, PCI, ISO 27001 or SOX
AIR offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including a fully funded retirement plan, generous paid time off, commuter benefits, and tuition assistance. For more information, please visit our website at www.air.org. To apply, please go to TBD. Candidates must apply online for consideration. EOE.