Remote Web Developer
We are a Houston, Texas area web design and marketing agency currently looking for web developers to join our team. We have part-time and full-time positions available. Don’t worry, you don’t need to live in the Bayou City. Our team is spread out across the country, and we’re looking for the best talent.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining internal and external websites and/or web based applications.
- Create reusable CSS to modern standards
- Recognize the fundamental differences between the various internet browsers and develop UI that can be fully supported.
- Assist in projects from idea to mock-up to launch, including designing prototypes & wireframes, conducting usability testing, and moving the final product into production.
- Understand search engine optimization (SEO) concepts.
- Apply knowledge of industry trends in Web design best practices, accessibility standards and developments to improve service to our clients.
- Experience with email template development
- Experience with maintaining websites, using various database engines and server platforms.
- Collaborate with the internal team and clients to develop concepts and execute ideas
- Must have experience of working with content management systems for website maintenance.
- Understanding of web standards and ability to develop valid code in XHTML and CSS
- Ability to use the Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of databases and backend programming languages (php, .net, RoR, python) is a definite plus
- Solid communication skills