React Engineer - Russia and Ukraine
FoxCommerce is seeking a UI Engineer with the hunger to be more than just a cog in a giant machine. This is the perfect role for a technical leader that cares deeply about their craft. You’ll be a good fit if you want to contribute to a platform by writing excellent code, planning the architecture, mentoring junior engineers, and working to continually improve our approach to software development.
We’re a fast-growing business that sold our product before we built it. We bootstrapped for more than a year, and were cashflow-positive before we raised any outside capital. Almost everyone in the company writes code. Our founders have done this before. They’ve built real companies with $200M+ in revenue and more than 400 employees.
We’re a polyglot organization and we believe in using the right tool for the job. Our stack today includes Scala, GoLang, Elixir, and React.js.
What we’re looking for:
You’re the right person for us if you strike a balance between pragmatism and pushing the envelope. You want to be part of a small, high-performance organization in a rapidly growing company and market. You want to build something people will use. You care as much about going fast as you do about doing it right. You want friendly teammates who aren’t dogmatic.
- Writing excellent code on our core platform product
- Actively pair-programming with teammates when they need help
- Participate in formal and informal code reviews
- Adopting best-practices in code structure and tool chain within the company
- Experience building production UI applications using a modern toolkit such as:
- React.js (required)
- You have an active interest in building great user experiences
- You’re addicted to building performant UI applications
- You’re not afraid of CSS and HTML5
- You believe that UI engineering is first-class software development
- Exposure to functional programming and modern concurrency primitives is a plus