Product & Interaction Designer
Exercise.com is a startup with an experienced team, a great brand, and a huge opportunity to create a meaningful business – while changing lives! We’re building a slick, useful, transformational platform that will help the millions of people out there who don’t exercise to get started and get results.
Our current site has just the barebones of the “content” phase (articles, listings, etc). The next phase is all about the users: helping them know what to do for exercise and diet, track their progress, and get socially motivated. We want to create a dashboard for your exercise and fitness – like Mint.com for your health. We are building apps for FB, iPhone, Android, and an API for 3rd party tools. We will also need to create smart funnels for marketing, selling, and completing subscription transactions. You will research, define, spec, prototype, and iterate on these tools to make them amazingly simple and useful.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• You will drive the interaction process, feature discussions, and functional requirements.
• You will create the application interaction, flow, funnels, and entire experience.
• You will create wireframes and prototypes.
• You will propose, monitor, and evaluate A/B & multivariate tests.
• You will conduct informal usability tests.
• You will be proud of what you create.
WHO YOU ARE
• You want to work at a real company. Not so big that you’re lost in the shuffle, but not a crazy napkin-idea startup that will likely fail.
• You make complex things seem magically simple.
• You are easy to work with and fun to have around the office. You are easy-going, but work hard.
• You likely have a degree in something computerish or artsy.
• You have experience designing complex interfaces for the web.
• You love the social web. But you also have experience with the business side of web – landing pages, funnels, transactions.
WHO WE ARE
• We’re web people. We know how to build scalable, popular, cash-flow positive web businesses. We’re happy to share with you our past successes once we get to know each other better.
• We’re on a mission to get out-of-shape people in shape, and we started with ourselves.
• We’re a small, hard charging team with a fun office on Castro Street in Mountain View, CA.
• We’ve raised $2M from great investors.
• You will be paid above-market salary because you deserve it.
• You will get a meaningful chunk of equity, not a token slice.
• Lunch provided daily.
• Competitive benefits package.
How to apply
• Polish off your resume.
• List out three websites you’ve ever been a part of. Tell us what you currently like and don’t like about them.