Part-Time Senior Front End Editorial Developer
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
- Collaborates with design to concept complex layouts across breakpoints
- Develops interactive prototypes utilized for testing storytelling concepts and interactions
- Participates in developing the front end code base and standards for the editorial design team
- Introduces digital innovation to existing infrastructure with a focus on mobile and emerging technologies
- Proactively communicate with critical partners as needed.
- Clearly communicate how certain design decisions could affect performance
- Assist in the training and mentoring of members of the team
- At least 4 years of progressively complex related experience
- Solid understanding of responsive web development and device limitations
- Ability to convert Photoshop/Illustrator designs to pixel-perfect HTML/CSS
- Mac and PC experience and understanding of browser testing across platforms
- Experience working within a collaborative development environment (GitHub experience preferred)
- Self-motivated, a natural problem-solver, and a good communicator with a demonstrated ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously, both independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
Interested candidates should present a body of work that:
- All applicants should supply an online portfolio URL with their applications.
- Demonstrated track record as lead developer or developer on high traffic Web sites
- Design experience and understanding of user interaction