PHP WordPress Developer
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry. We are currently seeking a PHP WordPress Developer/Designer to join our team in the Washington, DC office.
Be part of something innovative and cutting edge. Join our team of more than a hundred software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work in education and online testing includes:
• advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
• mobile support for the user interfaces
• learning management systems with social media features
• user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
• innovative, machine-scorable items
• Google Search Appliance experience
• Google Analytics experience
• Responsive Design
• Basic understanding of accessibility best practices, Section 508 compliance, and/or WCAG 2.0 standards
• Experienced in working with Linux server
• Perform site-building activities, including creating and modifying views, contexts, and blocks in order to match functionality specified in wireframes and designs
• Install, test, and maintain WordPress plugins
• Perform software updates and troubleshoots bugs and conflicts
• Prototype functionality for internal and client review
• Hand-code clean, semantic, standards-compliant, responsive HTML and CSS3 themes
• Conduct peer review of themes created by other developers
• Create documentation for configuration, standards, and process.
• Conduct cross-browser and cross-device testing to ensure consistent display in major supported browsers on Mac, PC, iOS, and Android platforms
• Clearly communicate the intricacies of complex web development issues, acting as a subject matter expert both internally across departments and externally with clients
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree and 4 plus years of experience
• High attention to detail and excellent time management.
• Excellent analytical or critical thinking skills.
• Quick aptitude for learning new software.
• Highly motivated to achieve client satisfaction with timely, high quality services.
• Self-starter and motivator with a strong sense of accountability.
• Experience with Visual Studio is a plus.
• Experience with Versioning Systems.