PHP Software Developer (Temp-to-Perm)
Want to make a difference in the life of a student? Are you passionate about the latest web technology trends? Do you constantly look for ways to develop something better? Aquent, the industry’s largest global creative and marketing staffing firm is currently seeking a Temp-to-Perm PHP Software Developer.
Our client is seeking a talented and energetic Software Engineer to join their growing product development team in Arlington, VA. The Software Engineer will be involved in significant development projects for a market-leading K-12 SaaS application, which is built on an open source LAMP architecture. We are seeking candidates that have strong development experience and who are passionate about the latest industry trends and innovations occurring in web-based products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop software components using PHP and MySQL
- Collaborate with other team members to incorporate best practices and innovations into our products
- Leverage team development standards, patterns and design principles in daily activities
- Collaborate closely with product managers, user experience, and QA during discovery, design and development
- Stay current on technology trends and identify ways to innovate our products in the education space
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- Extensive development experience using PHP, MySQL, HTML, and CSS
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented and MVC Programming patterns
- Experience with Zend or similar framework (Symfony, CakePHP, Kohana)
- Experience developing enterprise web applications
- Experience writing and executing unit test scripts
- Experience using version control such as Subversion or GIT
- Very strong technical competence and background delivering projects on time
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to shifting project requirements
- Comprehension and focus on cross-browser compatibility
- JQuery experience is a plus
- Agile scrum experience is a plus
- Java experience is a plus
Please note, only candidates that meet the following requirements will be considered and contacted for further qualification.
- Test-driven development experience: Must be able to test their code using Unit Testing framework such as PHPUnit
- Object Oriented PHP programming with PHP 5.3
- Model, View, Controller architecture (MVC) and framework experience
- Able to illustrate MySQL skills creating a table structure
- All candidates will be required to complete a code challenge
This Job Not For You?
Then refer a friend and earn $$$ for your referrals that Aquent puts to work!We obviously got your attention with this job posting for a reason, so we do hope YOU are qualified, available and interested! However, if this job isn’t the best match for you… we’re hoping that maybe you have a friend, colleague, family member or professional acquaintance in your network that you’d like to refer to this great opportunity. Aquent appreciates your referrals! Learn more at http://aquent.us/rewards
Aquent is the largest global staffing company dedicated to helping marketing and creative professionals find the rewarding assignments they want. We work with two-thirds of the Fortune 500 and 90 of the Fortune 100. Throughout our more than twenty year history, we’ve made over half a million matches between our clients and talent.
Here’s just a quick sampling of just some of the benefits Aquent Talent get to enjoy:
- The opportunity to work with some of the largest and most well respected companies
- Medical Insurance. Access to comprehensive PPO and HMO plans, with dental and vision insurance
- Long-term disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- 529 college savings plan
Aquent is privately held and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts.
How to apply
Apply online here: http://aquent.us/go/NateLagacy
Please select the "PHP Software Developer" listing and Apply Now.