PHP Development Team Leader
We are a web technology incubator company operating in Berlin with some of Germany’s biggest and fastest growing web and mobile properties. Our flagship blog and community, myDealz, is the biggest (and oldest) deal site in Germany, and still growing rapidly. Our goal is to create products that help people save money.
“With great power comes great responsibility”, right? As a team leader you know how to encourage and inspire people, are open to their ideas, communicate clearly and keep your feedback constructive. With the experience of many years you are able to work together with people of all sorts and have a good grasp of all things technical. You can cut right through to the core of problems and work out smart solutions.
Your daily tasks include monitoring the team’s progress and reviewing code to ensure quality, stability and performance. You’ll create and integrate tools for streamlining software development and deployment. That goes with refactoring our codebase and improving the coding guidelines. Another part of your position are mentoring the juniors and inspiring the senior developers to peak. You will also work with the founders & the CTO to develop new websites and features. Helping to contribute back to new initiatives in the PHP community (Composer / Packagist, framework development, etc) will also be an important part of this role.
What’s in for you?
- Flexible working hours
- Awesome team of passionate developers to work with
- Great office on Torstraße (close to Rosenthaler Platz) in the heart of the startup scene in Berlin
- Monthly “Hack” days for learning new technologies and skills
- We also offer a very competitive compensation package, as well as relocation assistance (if required)
The qualities we are looking for:
- 2+ years in a team leadership role
- Bachelors of computer science or 6+ years as a PHP developer
- Expert knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, postgresql)
- Experience with PHP frameworks (Laravel, Yii, FuelPHP, Symfony 2, Zend 2)
- Expert knowledge of OO programming and design patterns
- Experience with developing large websites & website scaling
- Experience with agile development methodologis (ie. SCRUM, Kanban)
- Experience with unit testing and integration tests
- Self-motivation and a passion for learning new technologies
Bonus points for knowing / using any of the following:
- MongoDB, CouchDB, Redis
- TDD (PHPUnit) or BDD (Behat or Codeception)
- AngularJS / Node / SASS / LESS
- Composer / Packagist (double bonus points for having a package on packagist)
- Continuous integration (with Jenkins, TravisCI, etc..)