About GoKart Labs
At GoKart Labs, we deliver digital innovation.
We grow businesses (for our clients and ourselves) through four practices: Invention & Business Strategy, User Experience & Design, Web & Mobile Software Development, and Digital Marketing.
We are adding to our team of the best and brightest– balanced, curious, creative and passionate people who believe in purposeful innovation.
About the job: PHP Developer
Required skills and experience
- Deep expertise with a variety of website CMS systems, including hands-on WordPress programming experience, including proficiency in the install, maintenance and administration of WordPress themes and plugins. Experience with custom WordPress theme and plugin development.
- Responsive web design and development experience.
- Experience integrating open source and third-party applications into existing systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and strong listening skills.
Minimum technical requirements
- 5+ years experience as a professional web developer.
- 2+ years experience developing custom web applications and APIs in PHP.
- Experience extending a variety of existing applications, frameworks and software libraries.
- Experience leveraging best practices in web development through the use of proper design patterns, integration/unit testing, security, version control, etc.
- Experience setting up, configuring, and developing sites using WordPress
- Experience or motivation to learn other open-source technologies, platforms, languages and frameworks (eg. Rails, mongoDB, node.js, Laravel, Heroku, New Relic, capistrano, etc).
- Experience / understanding of data modeling best practices.
- Experience with complex analytics implementations.
Proficient with Git
- Setting up, configuring, and developing sites using WordPress
Core business expectations
- Manage project deliverables and due dates assuring on-time, high-quality software for our clients.
- Work closely with project participants to define and refine requirements.
- Consistently meet established deadlines through proper organization and follow up.
- Balance discipline and structure with the necessary flexibility of an emerging company environment.
About your background
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field or 5+ years of professional web development experience working in a team environment.
About the structure
- You’ll report to the Director of Technology.
- You’ll work closely with other developers (back-end, front-end, and mobile), group leaders and other employees across the company.
About your compensation and benefits
Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, 401K, profit sharing, metro bus pass, and future growth opportunities within the company.
We work hard to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a fun, creative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture. To learn more about us, please visit: www.gokartlabs.com
GoKart Labs is an equal opportunity employer. © 2014 GoKart Labs
How to apply