Do you love programming? Do you spend your time thinking about how to make things you’ve already made better, or get excited when you are able to implement something completely new where the only limitation is your imagination? When you come across a new piece of technology do you automatically think of all the amazing and new things that you will be able to do with it?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, you will feel at home with Tipping Canoe. We are an incubator working on social commerce projects with an emphasis on creating really useful, easy to use, informative sites for our users. We try to give them the best experience possible, both on the web, and via native mobile applications. To do that, we keep our minds completely open to new ideas, and new technology.
We have incubated the biggest (and best) social commerce sites in the UK and Germany, and we are looking for a PHP developer to join our team to help us expand to more countries, and also to help us continuously improve our current sites.
The responsibilities include:
- Write awesome code
- Implement and tweak awesome features
Some perks of working for Tipping Canoe are:
- Flexible working hours
- Awesome team of passionate developers to work with
- Great office in the heart of the Exchange district in downtown Winnipeg
- Assistance available for relocating to Winnipeg
- Monthly “Hack” days for learning new technologies and skills
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Monthly transit credit
- Perks, freebies, and discounts at local businesses in the Exchange district
- Kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages
The qualities we are looking for are:
- At least 3 years of experience as a PHP developer
- Knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, postgresql)
- Experience with PHP frameworks (Laravel, Yii, FuelPHP, Symfony 2, Zend 2)
- Knowledge of OO programming and design patterns?
- Experience with unit testing and integration tests
- Self-motivation and a passion for learning new technologies
- Experience with SCM (git or svn)
Bonus points for knowing / using any of the following:
- MongoDB, CouchDB, Redis, or memcache
- TDD (PHPUnit) or BDD (Behat or Codeception)
- AngularJS / Node / SASS / LESS
- Composer / Packagist (double bonus points for having a package on packagist)
- Continuous integration (with Jenkins, TravisCI, etc..)
Salary range starts at $45k per year depending on experience.