NJI Media seeks a versatile web developer with demonstrable experience who enjoys a broad range of both frontend and backend development responsibilities.
The ideal candidate is able to quickly, independently, and precisely build a PHP-driven web site from design assets and functional documentation. Maintenance and updates to existing sites also factors heavily into the responsibilities of this position. PHP experience is a must – we frequently build on proven and popular content management systems like Drupal and WordPress. We’re looking to add a smiling face to our exceptional crew right here in Old Town, so candidates must be local and able to work full time.
Required Front End Experience:
- HTML – Demonstrated correct and semantic application of markup, including headers, lists, forms, etc. Table-less layouts.
- CSS – Mastery of clean and efficient cross-browser styling techniques.
- jQuery – Capable of leveraging jQuery to modify existing UI behaviors and interactions and to create brand new ones from scratch.
Required Back End Experience:
- Linux – Some familiarity working from shell or terminal in Mac or linux.
- Apache – Background with Apache web server, knowledge of basic configuration, optimization and authentication techniques.
- MySQL – Knowledge of schemas, tables, users and privileges, principles of relational databases, and SQL commands. Able to migrate legacy data from unlike management systems.
- PHP5 – Very strong with PHP syntax and features. Understand variables, constants, arrays, loops, internal functions, php configurations, error logging/reporting, and OOP principals.
- Drupal/Wordpress – Demonstrated experience installing and developing quality sites in Drupal 7 or WordPress 3.
- Analytics – Familiar with implementing and evaluating results from metric gathering technologies such as Google Analytics.
- XML – Understand how to properly structure and use XML for transferring data.
Who is NJI Media?:
NJI Media is an interactive agency that focuses on providing digital communications services to high profile non-profit groups, political organizations, trade associations, and corporations. We are located in an awesome converted 150-year-old grain warehouse one block away from the Potomac river on King Street.
How to apply
Check our page and our source code. Also, send an email to Dave at