P/T Web Developer -- International Justice Mission
Temporary Part-time Position
As part of the application process, please provide your online portfolio URL in the cover letter
The mission of International Justice Mission (IJM) is to protect people from violent forces of injustice by securing rescue and restoration for victims and ensuring public justice systems work for the poor.
IJM is seeking a part-time web developer to support the IJM Communications department in maintaining and enhancing various IJM web presences, email campaigns, and other web services that serve a variety of cross organizational needs. The successful candidate will recommend and implement usability enhancements based on web analytics best practices and make changes to drive search engine optimization.
• Create cross-browser compatible content and front-end design changes to IJM.org (Joomla) and other IJM web presences;
• Develop HTML email templates utilizing a combination of nested table structures and inline CSS, compatible across multiple platforms, browsers and email clients;
• Monitor and evaluate web traffic and usage trends in order to make enhancements that drive search engine optimization and improve user experience; and
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
• A minimum of 1 year experience with web development and coding;
• Possess a strong command of web standards, cross-browser compatibility and various web-related optimization techniques;
• Experience implementing front-end designs within a web-based content management system (Joomla, Expression Engine, WordPress, etc.);
• Possess working knowledge of Google Analytics and of search engine optimization best practices;
• Experience in graphic creation/editing skills using Photoshop and Illustrator is preferred;
• Experience developing and optimizing Google AdWords campaigns is preferred; and
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles Creed;
• Ability to develop a genuine passion for the work of IJM;
• Enthusiastic to work in a fast-paced and dynamically changing environment;
• Attention to detail;
• Professional in demeanor;
• Effective as a team player;
• Self-starter with strong initiative;
• Disciplined with priorities;
• Adept at creative problem solving; and
• Sustained positive attitude.
• Position is temporary part-time, roughly 15 hours per week, with hourly compensation;
• Position reports directly to the Web Developer; and
• Applications accepted until the position is filled.
How to apply
For application instructions go to: http://www.ijm.org/webdeveloper-parttime