New York- UX Designer/Developer
About Arvato Systems
A globally active IT service provider with over 30 years of experience and we have accumulated an extraordinary level of IT expertise across industries, technologies and countries. arvato has a unique experience in implementing, managing and enhancing eCommerce technology, having played an important role in this space since the emergence of the internet.
Well recognized brands such as Proctor and Gamble, Reebok, Adidas, Benefit, L’Oréal, Estée Lauder, Dior, Taylor Made, Ashworth Golf, and many more trust in our services and expertise. We always have one goal in mind: the development of first class, future proof solutions for our clients. Thanks to globally networked offices in Asia, Europe, and the Americas, we offer customers complete support, regardless of where they are located.
Work as part of a team that develops eCommerce solutions for our high profile and world renowned clients. As a UX Consultant, you will be responsible for the development of interaction design strategy and information architecture deliverables spanning desktop, tablet, and mobile platforms. You will collaborate with our client’s strategist and technical leads to advise, define, and document ideal user experience. You will be a partner to software developers and creative designers before and during the project implementation phase ensuring the way our ecommerce solutions are build helps clients’ strategic goals.
- Establish and guide UX practices, techniques, systems, and disciplines within the context of projects
- Work in cross-disciplinary teams on complex problems
- Collaborate with client teams to identify business needs and strategies, develop design strategies, and present the UX team’s work to generate consensus
- Conceptual brainstrorming sessions
- Assist in client communications related to scope, schedule, and progress
- Conceptualize and design UI and information architecture solutions
- Guide, direct, and participate in the creation of personas, journeys, scenarios, wireframes, prototypes, workflows, interaction and experience models, and functional specifications, and ensure deliverables are client-ready
- Perform QA on development / implementation outputs
- Effectively communicate the UX work verbally and visually to client and development teams
- Translate and analyze client requirements and evaluate the best possible and an aesthetically pleasing solution.
- Design wireframes and mock-ups by applying design knowledge, typographic skills, and branding-using imaging/graphics applications.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written and a team oriented attitude.
- High empathy with excellent collaboration skills.
- Ability to translate observations and insights into foundations for developing a strategic user experience.
- Experience working in an agency setting with at least 2 years of experience working in a position with UX accountability.
- Experience with multi-channel design for major brands.
- Experience working in consulting environments on high-complexity UX projects
- Experience in creating Wireframes, Visual Design Mockup’s and Rapid Proof of concepts (both clickable html and non-clickable).
- Advanced knowledge of usability best practices.
- Advanced experience in computer based technologies (desktop, smartphones, tablets).
- Degree in related field preferably in human-computer interaction (e.g., Human Factors Engineering, Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Applied Psychology Human Factors or Software Ergonomics)
- Must have a portfolio of UX work
We understand that design is about sophisticated problem-solving and not only visual design aesthetics.
Please be prepared to show how you have used interaction design techniques and artifacts (e.g., wireframes, personas, etc.) to support thinking, design, and collaboration on the past projects.
- The most important part will be with how your portfolio demonstrates your ability to solve problems and apply user-centered design principles and practices.
- Strong visual design and high-concept work products are important due to the nature of projects and clients we work with
- Ability to create aesthetically pleasing end-products preferred.
How to apply
Please apply using the following link: