New York - Systems Administrator
About Our Company:
A globally active IT service provider with over 30 years of experience and we have accumulated an extraordinary level of IT expertise across industries, technologies and countries. arvato has a unique experience in implementing, managing and enhancing eCommerce technology, having played an important role in this space since the emergence of the internet.
Well recognized brands such as Proctor and Gamble, Reebok, Adidas, Benefit, L’Oréal, Estée Lauder, Dior, Taylor Made, Ashworth Golf, and many more trust in our services and expertise. We always have one goal in mind: the development of first class, future proof solutions for our clients. Thanks to globally networked offices in Asia, Europe, and the Americas, we offer customers complete support, regardless of where they are located.
arvato Systems is looking for a Systems Administrator who will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This function encompasses the following areas of workstation (Desktop / Laptop) support as well as server operation and support.
- Support and maintain office hardware and software.
- Set up email/VPN accounts and maintain user directories.- Define and execute backup strategies.
- Network infrastructure (Internal and External) support and maintenance.
- Evaluate new approaches and methods to achieve enhanced capabilities and levels of service.
- Interact with users by phone, e-mail, or in person
- 2-5 years of systems administration experience in medium environments using MS Windows, MAC OSX and LINUX operating systems.
- Ability to work and communicate with all organizational levels, and provide support in computer hardware, order servers and desktops/laptops, set up and configure standard software.
- Windows, Outlook, Anti-Virus administration skills.
- In-depth knowledge of NFS, NIS, Samba, Apache, MySQL, Tomcat, Jenkins.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, order servers and desktops/laptops.- Knowledge of a scripting language (e.g. Perl, Ruby).
- Understanding of multi-tiered applications.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills; capable of writing purchase justifications, training users in complex topics, making presentations to an internal audience, and interacting positively with senior management.
- Self-motivated and proactive problem solving skills, ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them.
- Adept at the use of performance analysis methods to tune systems, and resolve connectivity problems.
- Experience with Java application, deployments monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios, New Relic, LoadRunner or similar).
- Knowledge of network administration, Xen, Vargrant, Puppet, Zookeeper, ActiveMQ or RabbitMQ, Amazon EC2 preferred