Mobile User Experience (UX) Architect
We’re looking for a user experience architect to conceptualize and design mobile and web applications for our consulting clients. We want to bring consumer quality apps to the enterprise so that employees have the best possible user experience when working with their company’s systems. You’ll be working with tablets (iPad and Windows 8) and mobile phones in addition to enterprise Web applications. We’re looking for someone who’s excellent at designing clean, simple and modern interfaces…think quick and sleek.
- Work with clients and internal development team to create intuitive mobile and Web-based user interfaces
- Create prototypes, wireframes, mockups, personas, flow charts and high-fidelity designs
- Be able to present, justify, evangelize and negotiate proposed user interface designs
- Lead user research and usability testing to help improve applications through every stage of the product lifecycle.
- Create guidelines, standards, and repeatable processes to ensure a user-centered software development process for all of our client projects
- BA/BS in Human Computer Interaction, Usability, Human Factors, Industrial Design, Psychology, Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 6+ years of experience working in interaction design, UI design, and/or usability
- Extensive portfolio of completed design work (ideally B2B and B2C examples)
- Understanding of various technologies (XML, HTML, CSS, etc.) and their impact on development, usability, accessibility, and cross-browser compatibility
- Minimum one year experience working with mobile applications
- Enjoy working at small entrepreneurial company
- Up to 10% out-of-town travel required for this job