Mobile App Designer
Booking.com – planet Earth’s #1 accommodation website – is looking for talented app designers that will be given the freedom to make meaningful and measurable improvements to our top rated, rapidly growing mobile apps that have been installed by more than 30 million users worldwide. You’ll join us at our beautiful Amsterdam HQ and work with some of our industry’s smartest people.
About the Mobile team
Our guiding principle is that by helping our users we help our business. As a designer in our mobile team you’ll be a key part of the idea generation process, working in a small startup-like group which takes full ownership of their part of our platform. You’ll be working on the iterative improvements we make as part of our high-speed release cycles, as well as looking a head and conceptualizing broader changes our mobile app offers across all major platforms. You’ll work with developers, product owners, copywriters and user researchers to conceive, analyse & test your ideas.
You are excited to design native iOS and Android applications that millions of people use every day. You excel in solving problems that today’s mobile users face by focusing on their needs and designing a mobile experience tailored to that. You are familiar with the state of the art in native mobile app design and you are up-to-date with the latest trends and emerging new user interface patterns. Your portfolio isn’t a series of beautiful but generic templates – it’s a collection of stories that you can discuss with enthusiasm,and regret… because you’re always getting better at what you do and you’re never satisfied with ‘good enough’.
- You have a minimum of 2 years UX design experience
- You have designed native iOS and Android apps for both phones and tablets
- You have a solid portfolio with a variety of native app design work which exhibits your user focus
- Familiarity with the the latest technologies and SDK capabilities of iOS and Android is a plus
- E-commerce experience is a plus
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Global relocation package, full support for you and your family
- 26 days paid vacation plus an average of 9 public holidays extra
- Discount on hotel bookings
- Opportunities to attend conferences, internal and external trainings, workshops, etc.
- Vibrant company culture, including our annual Christmas all-hands conference and year-end party!
We offer a competitive salary plus bonuses, with opportunities for career progression within our fast growing company. This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation we will assist you with a relocation package insuring a smooth transition to working and living in the Netherlands, where you’ll be joining a team of people from all over the world who now call Amsterdam home.
How to apply
The perfect candidate has a passion their craft... and a portfolio to back it up. Send us a link or upload your work and tell us all about it. Please submit your CV, portfolio and Motivation Letter in English.
IMPORTANT!! All candidates must send a portfolio with personal design contributions or work samples, otherwise the application cannot be taken into consideration.
For more information or questions, please contact the Recruitment Team at – No agencies please!