Join our creative, passionate team that is helping our clients reach and delight their customers through integrated marketing.
As a designer at Blend, you’ll be a creative problem-solver. Our design team is responsible for helping clients achieve their business and marketing objectives by creating unified brand experiences across all customer touchpoints. (http://blendimc.com/design/)
What You’ll Do
- Design a variety of projects ranging from identity, print, website UI/UX and other digital applications.
- Work on mobile and responsive web design sites, translating user stories into wireframes and prototypes that create great user experiences.
- Be involved throughout the entire process from concept to completion—including research, brainstorming, layout and producing final press or web-ready artwork.
- Collaborate with our creative team and account partners to understand client needs and develop appropriate solutions
- Solicit feedback on your work as part of refining your design skill and ensuring the best outcomes.
- Think about the design needs of the client and propose solutions—outside the box when needed, but within any constraints as requested.
- Continue your learning by being involved in the design community, attending learning events, and reading.
- You have some experience under your belt, know how things work and want to take on new design challenges.
- You have a strong portfolio, especially focused on website & digital design, demonstrating a keen understanding of good design principles and attention to detail.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and can present ideas clearly to others.
- You’re a divergent thinker. While you know how to draw inspiration from others, your work and your thinking is not entirely derivative.
- You work well with input from others and design according to creative direction in a wide variety of styles.
- You’re passionate about both quality and deadlines, and you know how to balance them.
- You’re a problem-solver. You understand that good design must be as useful as it is beautiful. So you are really good at asking questions to learn the client’s objectives before starting a project.
- People love working with you because you’re super smart and talented, but you’re also humble and genuinely nice.
- 5 – 7+ years professional, post-collegiate experience in the design field
- Experience in both print and digital design, especially in designing responsive websites
- Working knowledge of CSS and HTML
- Bonus: BS / BA / BFA degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Bonus: front-end development experience (although the position does not require any coding)
The job is located onsite at our office in Madison, Wisconsin. Relocation assistance may be available for US applicants. Freelance, remote or offshore applicants are not under consideration and immigration/visa support is not provided. You might be asked to travel to clients for visits or to conferences, but that would not exceed more than 5 weeks per year.
Competitive salary with 11.5 paid holidays, PTO, family health insurance (100% of premiums), dental, vision, long-term and short-term disability insurance.
About Blend Marketing
Blend is an integrated marketing agency with a relentless focus on customer experience. We help companies deliver consistent, and seamless experiences through every interaction customers have with your brand—anywhere, anytime.
It’s possible to be both laid back and passionate. We have a team of people who prove it every day. One minute we can be rigorously debating strategic options for a client, the next we can be playing ping-pong together. There’s no competition here, but we push each other and ourselves to be the best at what we do.
Our core values are love, excellence, initiative, humility, creativity, fun, honesty, learning, and contagious passion. We’ll talk about those quite a bit when we meet, because every one of us at Blend cares deeply about them, and anyone who joins our team will value them too.
Our Clients and Work
We’re redesigning and updating our site to add our latest projects and clients. In the meantime, you can see a small snapshot of our work on our design landing page (http://blendimc.com/design/).