Mgr, Creative/Visual Design - Hotels.com
Hotels.com Worldwide is a leading e-commerce site and online travel agency growing over 75 sites and 35 languages. If you’re familiar with us, you’ll definitely be interested to hear we’ve committed to a re-think and re-execution of the visual language within our brand and across our sites and products.
We’re looking for design managers that:
- Eat, sleep, and breathe user-centred web design and art direction.
- Engrain the role of design and visual language within organisations.
- Nurture the thinking and intent (the ‘why?’) behind design into team culture.
- Have a profound understanding of the design implications of web technology
Design for Hotels.com’s products is based out of Covent Garden in Central London. From here, you’ll advise and collaborate with your Creative Design team, UX Design, Product Planning, Development and Hotels.com Leadership through fast-paced site optimisation projects and larger functional initiatives for areas such as the hotel shopping and booking experience, search engine and third-party landing pages , customer account management and customer service across the web and mobile/tablet devices. Most importantly, you’ll be the curator, advisor, and visionary leader of the Hotels.com Product Visual Language through collaboration with our Merchandising, Email, and Brand Marketing teams.
To help us understand you’re all-in for this role, we’ll be looking for examples of how you’ve developed and maintained visual languages for your past organisations. We want to see and hear about how they’ve contributed to the overall brand experience, and how you’ve spread your knowledge of technical considerations for the web to make the language extensible and executable. If you can also show us how you stay active in the design community, that’s a huge plus.
You’ll love the some of the extras at the office: lunches, monthly drinks and snacks at the office, and breakfast pastries every other Friday – not to mention the great travel benefits.
Here’s the experience we’re looking for you to bring to the team:
- 5+ years visual design experience for the web (highly-functional/e-commerce sites is a huge plus)
- 2+ years managing/mentoring designers and guiding vision
- Experience guiding designs from concept through production on cross-functional teams
- Experience evangelising design throughout organisations and directly with company leadership
- Experience providing art direction for campaigns across mediums or channels
- Knowledge of the authoring and rendering of HTML/CSS within modern browsers/devices
- Experience designing global, internationalised sites and products
- Well-versed in layout, color, typography, and design principles
- Adobe Creative Suite products including: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Fireworks
You must have a digital portfolio to share.