Meetup - UI Engineers
We’re starting a local community revolution! Our goal is a “Meetup Everywhere about Most Everything”, and we’re on our way. We help people “use the internet to get off the internet” because Meetups change lives and can change the world.
We are profitable, growing, and committed to building an all-star, all-NYC company. We are a company that values doers over talkers and mentors over managers. We are a company where people who take risks and win are rewarded and grow. Our team is ambitious and passionate; the environment is relaxed and fun. We get shit done that makes a difference.
As a UI Engineer, you will:
• Work closely with both software engineers and product managers
• Design and implement top notch products
• Advocate for best practices, great usability and exceptional quality
An ideal candidate has:
• Expertise in cross browser markup HTML and CSS
• Experience with designing end-user, web-based applications
• Experience with a server-side web framework (JSP, PHP, Rails, .NET, etc)
• Proficiency with Fireworks, Photoshop or related tools
• User Interface design knowledge
• Experience with a version control system (Git a plus)
• A strong attention to detail and a feeling of pride and ownership over the quality of our product
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• A passion and desire to work at a company trying to change the world
Our team is smart, ambitious, and passionate; the environment is relaxed and a lot of fun despite regular, tight deadlines. We are focused on quick, quality completion of projects and excited by what we do. We are looking for someone who is smart, collaborative, creative, and can get things done to a high quality and on tight deadlines.
Every member of the Meetup Team is expected to: be an Innovator; be a Collaborator; be a Champion for their ideas; be an Expert; have High Standards; be dedicated to the power of self-organized groups and our mission of A Meetup Everywhere About Most Everything (“MEME”); and most importantly, Get Stuff Done That Makes a Difference!
Check out our dev blog: http://making.meetup.com/