Marketing & Web Designer
The Marketing & Web Designer will work closely with the Marketing & Product teams to develop and produce creative for the company website (Schoola.com), email campaigns (including HTML coding) and online marketing.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
This person will work closely with freelance copywriters and internal business partners to design original layouts on a tight schedule. S/he will work with business and copy teams to clarify objectives, revise creative and ensure accuracy for all projects.
The Marketing & Web Designer will actively participate and help drive the creative process by presenting well-developed creative solutions to meet the given objectives.
This person will be responsible for all aspects of marketing design so must have the ability to deliver designs + specifications for printed materials as well as hand-code HTML for emails (and assist in deploying them in an accurate and timely manner).
S/he will be responsible for staying current on industry trends, while keeping Schoola at the forefront for email design and online marketing best practices
S/he will be responsible for finding brand-appropriate stock images (primarily) as well as conducting photo shoots to provide additional imagery for creative (secondarily)
As the company grows, s/he will supervise freelance designers while balancing personal workflow and priorities.
- 5+ years of professional experience in web design or multimedia required
- Must have strong graphic design, layout, typography, image manipulation, and color correction skills.
- Must also have relevant experience (ideally in a retail or ecommerce environment) with a lifestyle-oriented “trend-setting” brand.
- Must be extremely proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator & HTML.
- Must also be familiar with InDesign.
- Must be detail-oriented, well organized and able to thrive in deadline driven environment.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage competing, high priority projects while identifying creative solutions quickly. This person will also have the ability to self-direct under ambiguous and changing circumstances.
- S/he must be willing to be flexible in job duties and take on added responsibility when necessary.
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Please provide samples of work with resume *
Launched in 2012 Schoola is a children’s used-clothing online retailer dedicated to putting paintbrushes, books, baseballs and violins back into the hands of children. We sell gently used children’s clothing online and proceeds from every item sold go directly back to participating elementary schools. This year, 79% of school districts across the country are expecting funding cuts. Last year, 77% of school districts across the country experienced funding cuts. 120 school districts moved to four-day school weeks to save on transportation and utility costs. That’s why we’ve created Schoola! Let’s make fundraising easy. Let’s keep the money in the community and help local businesses and schools benefit each other.