Looking for a Design Rockstar
I’m looking for a rock-star Graphic Designer to become my go-to guy/gal on a variety of ongoing projects in a freelance capacity. This is truly a jack-of-all trades role, so the right candidate will be comfortable designing for the web, including mobile apps and email templates, as well as creating basic print layouts and brand identities.
Who you are
You’re a full-time freelancer (no companies, please) with a solid knack for design and demonstrated professional experience (this means live examples of your work).
You also happen to have a super-human ability to:
• Work in Photoshop, Illustrator, and other graphic design tools
• Optimize for all major browsers and platforms
• Think about beautiful design, user-experience, and conversion rates all at the same time
• Clearly communicate and stick to timelines, deliverable promises, and budgets
• Take a project from ideas, sketches, or wireframes all the way to finished work, asking the right questions along the way
Who I am
I’m a former start-up guy who is constantly building projects for myself as well as other people. Right now I’m in the middle of:
• Helping an enterprise software company launch a web portal for their distributors
• Building a mobile loyalty/payment app for one of the largest coffee shop chains in the country
• Consulting with a handful of independent professionals on how to better market themselves online
And quite a bit more. I understand the importance of clear communication, I’m a stickler for details, and I value setting and achieving milestones on every project.
How we’ll work together
I work out of my home and travel frequently, so we’ll rely heavily on email, Skype, and Google Docs to get our work done. Generally I’ll provide a creative brief and/or wireframes, and I’ll look for a Photoshop doc with clearly labeled layers as a deliverable. I’m looking for a long-term partner, but we’ll probably start off with one or two concurrent projects to test the waters.
How to apply
If you’ve read this far, thank you – hopefully we’ll be a great fit! Make sure you keep reading these important details, because I’ll have to filter out folks who don’t follow the application process below.
Please choose and submit 3-5 portfolio items (max) that you feel best represent your work and fit what I might be after. Make sure that at least one of your portfolio items is currently live on the web, and if possible include at least one logo or other identity work. For one of the web items, please write a short paragraph describing the creative brief or concept that you were given, your client-interaction process in completing the work, and approximate hours-to-completion and hourly rate or flat fee charged.
All applicant responses should be sent to: email@example.com.
Thanks again for considering this position!
How to apply
All applicant responses should be sent to: .