Liquor.com - Seeking Extraordinary LAMP / Wordpress Developer
Liquor.com—a young and quickly growing digital editorial brand dedicated to all things cocktails and spirits—is seeking an experienced Wordpress developer to join this exciting, funded, early-stage startup located in San Francisco, CA.
As the expert source in the space, Liquor.com’s platform features magazine-style editorial content, complimented by ecommerce-driven events and experiences. The Wordpress developer we seek will play a central role in the creation and testing of intricate custom plugins, theme modifications and Wordpress hacks, as well as investigate new and custom plugins to solve the business’s ever growing and changing needs.
PLEASE NOTE: This position isn’t for the ordinary Wordpress user, or someone who has “tinkered” with a WP “blog.” While Liquor.com’s system is based on a standard Wordpress install, 1 year and more than a billion lines of code later, we have created a highly customized setup that specifically and uniquely meets the business’s requirements.
Your core skills should include:
• Heavy Wordpress experience (plugin development, theme customization, etc.)
• Basic understanding of Subversion (SVN) environment (checking in/out, adding revs to repository, working alongside many developers at a time)
• Ability to work alongside our Trac ticketing environment
• LAMP expertise
• Ability to perform intensive QA bug testing of finished plugins
• Ability to implement CSS that perfectly matches PSD designs
• Ability to assist with various AJAX/JQuery tasks
• Experience with the Shopp ecommerce plugin for WP is NOT REQUIRED, but is a ‐MAJOR PLUS‐
• Ability to easily learn and work with someone else’s code
This is your opportunity to help build a startup media brand and participate in its core product development alongside Liquor.com’s seasoned team of executives who have decades of collective experience creating and managing digital media businesses, national magazines and Fortune 500 companies.
Liquor.com hopes to establish a long-lasting relationship with the candidate who fills this position. Applicants should ideally be based in the SF Bay Area and prepared to commit to an initial fulltime contractor period of 6 months, with aspirations to play a key and long-term role in the development of Liquor.com’s platform, business and brand.
Liquor.com’s offices are conveniently located in the heart of downtown San Francisco, just outside of Union Square on Market St. near Muni and BART public transportation.
How to apply
Interested applicants should respond to this posting with an e-mail to
Please be sure to include your resume, a cover letter describing your skills and experience, and send with the email subject line “Liquor.com LAMP Developer”