Lead Wordpress Developer
Market Realist is a financial media internet start-up backed by a team which has worked in senior roles at leading investment websites and top financial institutions on Wall Street.
We are building a new investment website and editorial staff of financial professionals with the mission to help people understand the markets.
Our team is interested in identifying a lead developer with strong experience in PHP, Wordpress, and scaling of large content websites.
Initially, the project shall involve building the beta version of our website on a paid consulting basis, alongside our designer. If the project is successful and we get along well, we’d like you to join our team on a full-time basis at the end of the year.
The role shall include a competitive salary, annual bonus and stock options. You would be the 4th employee to join our team.
- Development of back-end and front-end functionality for our website on the Wordpress platform, according to product and design specifications
- Meet goals for site uptime and page load times for a website with up to 50,000 daily visits
- Research, recommend, implement and manage 3rd party technology vendors and APIs
- Management of development environment, technical spec’ing and documentation
- Liaison on development specs with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent back-end experience with PHP, MySQL and Wordpress
- Experience building content feeds in XML and RSS
- Experience with scaling requirements for large websites, e.g. caching techniques
- Familiarity with common development tools, e.g. Github
- Development experience both at a website with over one million monthly users and in a startup environment is a major plus
- Good communication skills and an outstanding personality