Lead User Experience Designer
APT is a rapidly growing Software-as-a-Service company with offices in Washington D.C., San Francisco, London, and Taipei. With a powerful analytic software platform at its heart, APT is revolutionizing the way Fortune 500 companies think of developing their business strategy. APT’s client portfolio boasts the world’s best known brands including Wal-Mart, Starbucks, Kraft, Staples, Lowe’s, Subway, Wells Fargo, Victoria’s Secret and the InterContinental Hotels Group. APT was featured in the Harvard Business Review for being the pioneer in bringing the principles of scientific experimentation into the business universe.
APT is looking for someone to spearhead our effort to create a phenomenal user experience for our enterprise web app. We know that great user experience isn’t the first thing most people think about when they hear “enterprise web app,” but we’ve been a leader in many respects—and we’re committed to leading in user experience. We’re looking for someone to lead us in crafting intuitive, useful, and enjoyable user experiences. If you’re creative, empathetic and passionate about making things better, we’d love to talk with you.
As the Lead User Experience Designer, you’ll own UX design for our product. You’ll be taking huge amounts of data and analytic workflows and creating an intuitive experience for our users. You’ll be directing them to make multimillion dollar decisions with confidence, and you’ll make it a great experience for them along the way.
- Lead and take ownership of the overall UX of the product
- Develop sketches, wireframes, and visual comps
- Collaborate with team members (product managers, front end developers) through the entire design and development process
- Be a champion for users’ needs from requirements gathering through implementation
- Demonstrated experience in designing usable interfaces for web apps (2-5 years)
- Expertise in wireframing and creating visual comps (and the tools for doing this)
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback from non-designers
- Strong visual design sense (sample portfolio required)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree
APT offers competitive benefits and is an awesome place to work. We’re an entrepreneurial group of people who love solving the most important problems. Learn more about us at JoinAPT.com.
Also, APT was recent APT was recently featured as a top competitor for tech talent by the Washington Post! Check out the article here:http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/value-added-ballston-firm-apt-battles-tech-giants-microsoft-google-and-facebook-for-workers—and-wins/2012/04/01/gIQAo0VfpS_story.html