Lead, User Design Experience Engineer
Geeknet is the leading online network for the global geek community. In the last decade, we pioneered social media and collaborative software development. Learn how these products were created, help evolve these inventions, and maybe even invent something totally new. Work with some of the smartest people on innovative products in the technology information and software markets.
We are looking for an experienced user experience designer with a passion for creating simple, clean and intuitive products. This senior level position is responsible for the supporting the full product line, including SourceForge and Slashdot. As the lead engineer for user experience design, this position will help manage a team of 3-4 user experience engineers who work directly on an individual product. The ideal candidate will understand usability testing, user behavior metrics, and have a keen sense of style.
• Support customer research & opportunity assessments
• Provide an UI and UX direction to product owners
• Ensure optimized implementation of web frontend
• Create information architecture diagrams and wireframes
• Understand and help document user flows
• Deliver graphical assets such as icons, backgrounds, logos
• 5+ years of web application design and implementation
• Track record of delivering winning products to market
• Actively engaged in the intersection of design and technology culture: mobile devices, videogames, web technologies
• Passion for driving the best user experience delivered through iteration
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Able to create a culture of innovation