Lead UX Strategist
The Product Ideation Group is a new team within the Digital Entertainment Product Group, responsible for early stage ideation across all verticals of DIRECTV.
We are chartered with bringing the customer early into the process, and driving design thinking for product development over a long-term horizon. As a newly formed team, it’s an exciting time to join. Not only are we involved in product ideation, we also play a critical role in developing user experience strategy at DIRECTV. The Experience Strategy Lead will work alongside UX team members, project managers, technical staff, and visual designers to identify requirements, set design goals, study users, and craft experiences that translate business and user needs into highly engaging experiences. This position requires a humble appreciation of our customer base, and a desire to do right by both our customer and business needs.
This role will have responsibilities in the following areas:
- Collaborate with project leads and project managers to determine approach and timelines that best leverage user
experience techniques and achieve project objectives for optimization projects.
- Participate in end-to-end projects by ensuring user experience and business objectives are met from the point of
project initiation, through discovery, definition, concept development, and refinement.
- Facilitate project teams consisting of user experience designers, project managers, visual designers, and prototypers.
- Identify strategic opportunities for improvements through the interpretation of consumer insights.
- Reach across departments to leverage enterprise resources for planning and execution.
- Develop ideas into pragmatic opportunities; formats include (but are not limited to) context scenarios, use cases, sitemaps, wireframes, context maps, content inventories, functional requirements, personas, customer journeys, storyboards, and flow diagrams.
- Formulate opportunities in terms of the research and data that they originated from.
Process & Methodology
- Facilitate collaborative work sessions with user experience team and cross-functional groups.
- Stay current on the use of new techniques for discovery, definition, and concept development.
- Lead and participate in activities geared toward innovation and creative ideation.
- Contribute to overall UX team learning and development.
Qualified candidates for this role will exhibit the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Systems Design Engineering, or any related subject.
- Minimum 3 years of user experience work for highly transactional digital experiences.
- Minimum 2 years experience in strategic planning, inclusive of user experience.
- Strong business writing, storytelling, communication, and presentation skills.
- Critical thinker. Adept at extracting meaningful insights from multiple sources of data.
- Ability to grasp complex concepts and systems quickly, and express them in simple ways.
- Experience in developing effective and impactful deliverables: requirements documents, wireframes, and presentations.
- Advanced knowledge of digital technology and commerce.
- Desire to learn, and continually develop one’s skills.
- Ability to operate in a systematic and logical manner, with use of good judgment.
- Proactive, self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain professional conduct, even under high-pressure situations.
- Organized, accurate, with high attention to detail.
- Masters degree in Information Science, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Systems Design or any related subject.
- Experience with facilitating collaborative teamwork.
- Ability to set up and facilitate user research.
How to apply