Lead UI/Web Designer
We’re a New York City-based venture-backed startup that has built a network of independent professionals / freelancers and an online platform that helps businesses connect with them. Whether you’re an employer who needs the best contract talent or an independent professional at the top of your game, Solvate’s platform makes it easy to build trusted, productive work relationships in the cloud.
We want to delight our users with inspired, seamless, user-friendly user interface design. We’re looking for a skilled UI designer to help us build online tools that facilitate work relationships in the cloud. Qualified candidates will have solid experience with UX and UI design, a passion for critical analysis and problem-solving, and the ability to create world-class interfaces that are equally beautiful and simple to use. You’ll be working with a tight-knit team to revolutionize the way people work together online, so a good dose of ambition, creativity, and humility is required. Solvate is growing aggressively, but also carefully. We’ll start you off on a part-time basis with the goal of transitioning you to full-time.
- Play a key role in the visual design of our user interface and take part in all new site features
- Work primarily with the product team, but lend the marketing team a hand when needed
- Turn product requirements into compelling user interface designs under tight release deadlines
- Solve complex usability problems, not just make things pretty
- Promote consistency across Solvate’s product, working from and building upon our style guidelines
- A portfolio demonstrating 3-5 years of interactive UI design for the web
- Clean, fresh design aesthetic and strong eye for layout, color and typography
- A degree in human-computer interaction, web / graphic design, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the latest design patterns and usability principles
- Ability to take direction
- Great communication skills
- Positive attitude!
How to apply
Send resume + portfolio to . Please indicate that you came across this job post on smashingmagazine.com