Lead UI/UX Designer
Bluebox Security, an Andreessen Horowitz backed company, is looking for an experienced UI / UX Designer to lead usability and experience for our revolutionary mobile security product.
This role is located in our SF SOMA office. We’re looking for someone with an innovative, consumer products background. Bluebox Security is shaking up mobile security for Fortune 1000 clients… Our new brand will be fresh and innovative, not a drab, enterprise brand.
The successful candidate will have a strong track record of UI UX design and execution in mobile and web (6 years preferable) and the following experience:
- Using IA/UX software (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite, Visio, OmniGraffle, Balsamiq)
- Interaction design for mobile and web
- Creating workflows, functional specs, wireframes, and site maps
- Doing usability testing and focus groups
- Implementing good visual design principles
They’ll also have:
- The ability to get up-to-speed quickly on our audience’s needs and translate those needs into an easy-to-use product and website.
- Strategic thinking skills
- The ability to manage projects from start to finish and execute quickly
- The ability to work in a fast-moving start-up
You’ll get bonus points if you:
- Front-end coding (HTML/CSS/JS, ExtJs, Ruby on Rails)
- Know someone who would be great for our open Lead Design position
- Have a sense of humor
- Already know what a “bluebox” is
- 100% paid employee medical, dental, and vision insurance. 70% spouse & family
- Stock options
- Paid gym membership
- Pre-tax commuter savings plan
- Company events
About Bluebox Security
Bluebox Security is saving the corporate world from information thievery by securing company data as it interacts with employee-owned mobile devices, applications and services. Bluebox makes mobile security strong, transparent, and easy to manage while preserving end-user privacy and usability at “bring your own device” (BYOD) workplaces, unlike other solutions that lock down mobile devices and stifle personal productivity and privacy. Comprised of a highly experienced team of domain experts with deep knowledge of security and enterprise, Bluebox Security is backed by a $9.5 million investment by Andreessen Horowitz, Sun Microsystems co-founder, Andreas von Bechtolsheim, SV Angel and Google Board member Ram Shriram.