Lead UI Designer
Are you a creative, energetic designer with an innate sense for GREAT visual and UX design? If so, this may be your opportunity to join Pixable, voted by Time Out Magazine as one of the coolest companies to work for in NYC.
Pixable is looking for a collaborative, well-rounded, and detail-oriented designer to drive the visual and UX design of our products. The ideal person for this role will have experience designing RIA interfaces across a range of devices, from the web browser to mobile devices and tablets.
You must be a superlative multi-talent who is simultaneously capable of guiding the high-level direction of visual and UX design, while also possessing the production skills necessary to transform your vision into websites and applications that people love to use. You should be an expert at using the Adobe suite of products and capable of producing the graphical elements that are required for our talented team of web developers to implement your vision.
Founded in 2009 with roots at MIT, New York-based Pixable has already enabled over a million users to discover and enjoy their photos. It is the best destination to browse, search, and enjoy photos on social networks. The company has been featured in The New York Times, BBC, Newsweek and CNN, and has been highlighted as one of the coolest companies to work for by Time Out Magazine. For more information, visit www.pixable.com. Photofeed is available online, on the iPhone and on the iPad.
- Guide the high-level direction of visual and UX design for our products
- Define and lead user-centered design processes
- Objectively evaluate the success of designs based on A/B test results and propose improvements based on data.
- Work with Product Management to gather requirements and translate business goals into features.
- Oversee the execution of the project through implementation to ensure the UX vision is carried through.
- Own the creation of wireframes and graphical design assets.
- Stay on top of technology trends, the latest devices and software, and user experience best practices.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience as a UX lead or UX designer
- Extensive experience with UX research methods and best practices.
- Extensive experience in interface design, web design, and mobile design (especially iOS).
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- A natural leader able to work with teams across all disciplines.
- Knowledge of web best practices and design patterns.
- Proficient in wireframing and prototyping tools
- Expert in Adobe Photoshop.
- Knowledge of design, typography, and color theory a huge plus.
- Degree in visual arts and design, human factors, human computer interaction, or industrial design.
- Unparalleled attention to detail.
- Portfolio of relevant UI design work that shows off your talents.