Lead Interaction Designer
About The Company
BoomTown recently ranked as the 18th fastest growing software company nationwide on the 2011 Inc 500 list!!! We are a relaxed, fun and casual, but highly motivated team. Our culture is work hard / play hard. Your skills, intelligence, passion, experience and personality are what we are looking for! You will meet great people, teach us a few things and learn a great deal as well. BoomTown comes with all the excitement and opportunity of a successful start-up backed by a very talented, involved, and passionate team.
About The Position
We are currently searching for an experienced software interaction designer to help create our industry leading real estate website and CRM platform. You will be an integral part of a small product team that is dedicated to building the best end-to-end real estate marketing solution on the market. As the Senior Visual / Interaction Designer you will be responsible for designing UI architectures, usability, interaction flows, and visual design of new and existing applications and experiences.
Our design philosophy can be summed up fairly succinctly – we create powerful, yet elegantly simple software that our users refuse to live without. We’re passionate about truly understanding our users; and we’re focused on designing innovative solutions to their complex needs in ways that make a real difference in their lives. Simply put, we work hard to create inspired designs that people love to use.
1. In the first two weeks, meet the team and learn all aspects of the BoomTown product
2. Complete a system-wide design review to analyze existing web interfaces for usability and to identify user experience issues
3. Create user-centered interaction designs by considering data analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings
4. Define and design the user interface and interaction flow for highly interactive customer-facing products, services, and mobile device applications
5. Incorporate a fast prototyping strategy to gather user feedback early and often
6. Develop customer profiles, personas, scenarios and use cases
7. Collaborate with product management, engineering, and quality assurance teams to define requirements based on business, user and brand needs as well as bring design concepts to life
8. Develop and refine design solutions through conceptual diagrams, workflows, wireframes, visual mock-ups and prototyping
9.Generate detailed User Interface Specifications
10. Design and conduct user experience research and informal usability testing
11. Define, develop and maintain detailed interface design patterns and style guidelines
Skills & Experience
- An intuitive understanding of interactive media, fluency in user-centered design practices, expert interaction design skills, and an ability to translate interaction concepts into stunning visual interfaces
- Experience across the product development life-cycle of web and mobile applications, with a history of successful implementations
- Prior experience working on a scalable, high volume, web based application with fast growth is a major plus
- 5+ years experience as an interaction designer, visual designer, or user experience designer, or similar role
- An online portfolio that reflects the range of your skills
- Exceptional understanding of visual interface design principals, including page layouts, graphics, image sprites, icons, etc is a major plus.
- Internally driven to make things BETTER! – to pinpoint weakness, think creatively to solve issues, and to exceed expectations
- Highly driven, motivated self-starter with excellent time management skills
*Demonstrated ability to develop big ideas, and execute flawlessly against them in a highly collaborative environment
- Detail oriented and a demonstrated commitment to the accuracy and completeness of information with ability to see the big picture
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change across all and any areas of your job, the team, the company, and the BoomTown culture
- Genuine, positive, and uplifting attitude that inspires coworkers and clients
- Excellent verbal and communication skills. Ability to anticipate colleagues’ needs, questions or concerns and give suggestions based on limited information
- Must thrive in a high energy, rapid growth start-up environment
Would You Enjoy Working At BoomTown?
We asked our developers for a short list of things they like about working here as we wrote this job description, here are some of their comments:
- Forward thinking use of new technology.
- Not stuck in archaic frameworks and languages.
- Ability to use cutting edge technology so long as it fits the problem
- Growth potential
- Challenging work
- Fun environment
- Motivating and challenging
- Working with (or following) latest technologies and IT trends
- Great team work, support and friendly atmosphere
- Possibilities to improve yourself and gain sound knowledge
- Fast moving/thinking company/product
- Adopting latest development tools/strategies and approaches
- Our tool has a direct, positive impact on our clients business and lives
- Very little red tape, environment pretty lean and streamlined, not too many processes.