Lead Interaction Designer and User Researchers
Looking for both Lead Interaction/Product Designers and User Researchers to work on large project on a long term consulting basis!
The Lead Product Designer is a high- level senior designer responsible for the interaction of increasingly complex web and software applications. Held positions with increased responsibility for leadership and direction of others. Demonstrates progressive recognition as a specialist in multiple fields and has acquired enough breadth to lead others. Served as user experience leader in a group or team and advises on design and development approach. Leads interaction of the user experience for both web and software-based interfaces; performs analysis and conceptualization of proposed projects, utilizing professional experience in the development of specifications and design standards. Performing the following:
• Responsible for leading the integrity of the design of the user experience on significant concurrent projects. Plans, leads, organizes, controls and performs the architectural direction of an assignment.
• Provides guidance, direction and leadership regarding design activity on various aspects of a project. Coordinates project activities with internal customers and the project team.
• Oversees (and participates in) the creation of design deliverables such as wireframes, page flow diagrams, and design mockups. Drives process to generate and understand user and business requirements. Directs product design specification documentation for a product release or a group of products.
• Drives decision-making around pattern selection for design pattern libraries based on professional knowledge and understanding of usability issues and best practices.
• Experience applying and defining UI design guidelines such as Microsoft’s Official Guidelines for User Interface Developers and Designers or the Apple Human Interface Guidelines is required. Experience performing heuristic review and applying usability best practices and principles is required.
• Ability to adhere to a disciplined work schedule; ability to follow directions from a supervisor; ability to understand and follow posted work rules and procedures; ability to accept constructive criticism.
The Lead User Experience Researcher is a researcher with broad experience assigned to lead the planning, development and execution of formal and informal usability tests, field studies, focus groups, heuristic reviews and other user experience research projects of high complexity and scope. Utilizes creativity, deep process and product knowledge and relevant practical experience in leading, planning and completing assigned tasks in support of product and division goals. Lead User Experience Researchers work closely with product designers, marketing, product management, and development teams to create and validate the user experience for a set of projects within a division. Provides leadership and coordination across multiple concurrent division-level projects with complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires both broad and in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in providing guidance regarding methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Has gained progressive recognition as a specialist in usability and user research methods and has acquired enough breadth to lead others. Has assumed increasing responsibility as a leader. On a regular basis, uses significant expertise, experience and influence to evangelize user experience practices externally. Required to utilize knowledge and expertise to present at conference and other important venues.