Our boutique digital studio is looking an experienced developer to act as the technical lead for our development department in the execution of client-side web projects.
The Lead Developer is a true leadership role in our company – responsibilities include managing our growing development team, interfacing with clients to propose technical strategies and solutions, and collaborating with our studio’s growing team of designers, UX designers and creative strategists. We’re looking for an experienced technologist who loves pushing the boundaries of front-end development, sharing knowledge, and best practices with their team. The ideal candidate has experience with technical project management and has taken on leadership roles on past teams.
Our studio is casual and fun but we put our heart and souls into our work. Working on client-based projects means a fast paced, extremely collaborative environment where there are diverse opportunities to try new strategies and approaches. We pride ourselves on being on the forefront of new web technologies and best practices, and we’re looking for a Lead Developer who shares our passion and creativity.
• Lead the development team in executing web-based projects
• Create and enforce of technical best practices
• Collaborate with creative team (and, at times, back-end development partners) to brainstorm solutions and provide technical recommendations on leading-edge solutions
• Collaborate with project manager to provide accurate estimates of resources and ensure proper execution of all development projects
• Interface with clients in project planning meetings
The right person for this position brings a passion for front-end development and client-side project execution. You have demonstrated leadership abilities and don’t shy away from a challenge.
Qualifications should include:
• 5+ years experience as professional web developer
• Demonstrated past experience leading project teams and experience interfacing with clients in an agency environment
• Expert understanding of cross-browser / cross-device issues, limitations, and current techniques for managing (mobile, responsive and lightweight strategies)
• Experience with e-commerce platforms including Shopify
• Experience integrating HTML-based content with other 3rd party environments (i.e. Content Management Systems)
• Familiarity with backend languages
• Strong understanding of infrastructure and scalability
• Working knowledge in customizing & integrating front-end experiences on social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Tumblr)
• Familiarity integrating third party APIs
• Excellent problem solving skills and a love of solving technical challenges.
• Technical project management skills
• Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
• Ability to translate and explain complex technical concepts to individuals with a range of technical understanding
• You value working with team of nice people who genuinely love to collaborate on awesome work and consistently challenge each other to operate at the top of their game.
SMAKK Studios is a 10-person digital agency located in Wiliamsburg, Brooklyn.
Why join us? We work with diverse range of clients that are large and small, but never boring. Our clients challenge us to solve their business problems with technology and design, and we deliver. We have an awesome team, super-fun office culture, challenging projects, a kitchen full of tasty snacks, beer Fridays and a dog-friendly office.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please email with the subject line: “Lead Developer”
Include an email about yourself & experience, resume, your website and GitHub profile.