The Mechanism, a brand-focused, digital agency founded in 2001 seeks a poised lead developer who is comfortable with the LAMP stack, ExpressionEngine, WordPress, Drupal and other frameworks. This position is for an experienced developer who is comfortable with the full development cycle including writing specs, choosing CMS platforms, and suggesting technical architectures. This position also lieutenants other programmers, overseeing development standards and practices in the office.
There will be a lot of creative problem solving and interaction with the design team and other developers to implement concepts and create unique interactive experiences. If you have built your own applications or CMS from scratch and if you dabble in iOS or Android development, even better.
Candidates should have:
- Experience building sophisticated framework-based Websites (CMS, membership, shopping carts, etc.).
- Ability to extend frameworks using open source tools (php, EE module writing, etc.)
- Understanding of how to customize client experience, leveraging built-in CMS features and extending where necessary.
- Ability to communicate clearly with management and clients about solutions, options, strategy, dependencies.
- Must be available to work on site
Good to have:
- ExpressionEngine, CodeIgniter, HTML5, jQuery, Ajax.
Perks (the good stuff):
- Be part of a small, creative team with the freedom to learn and apply cutting edge technologies
- Work in a cool office in the heart of midtown Manhattan, with rooftop access
- 27" iMacs, free coffee and Clif Bar snacks, pizza Friday
- Competitive salary and health benefits
Please no companies may apply, and seriously, no recruiters!
How to apply
Please send your cv, links to sites you are very proud of, and a cover letter to: