LEAD WEB DEVELOPER
We’re looking for an ambitious, personable, creative senior web developer to take over the day-to-day technical operations. This will involve all senior level development work, including things like e-commerce builds, SEO platforms, large web builds and developing games and apps.
You’ll also be overseeing a team of two (soon to be three) junior web developers, mentoring and providing them with technical support as well as monitoring and quality controlling their work.
Part of your role will involve liaising with stakeholders, in many cases this will be internal, but you’ll often be working with clients directly.
Much of your development work will be done in Rails, but you’ll have a broad understanding of a wide range of web technologies and be comfortable jumping in and working with them.
While initially there will be a lot of development work, you’d be expected to grow into a CTO/Technical director/Head of Digital role, managing a growing team, being involved in hiring, and generally setting the direction of the team.
• At least 3 years experience in web development
• Significant experience with Ruby on Rails, or a comparable ORM based MVC framework
• Experience of PHP as well as CakePHP or other PHP frameworks
• Demonstrably good understanding of Git
• Great Linux and Bash skills
• Experience architecting and planning web builds
• A great eye for detail, both visual, textual and in code
• Effective communicator
• Experience leading a team or managing junior developers
• Experience with TDD/BDD
• UX or IA experience
• Server configuration and hardening
• Ecommerce experience
• Flash/Flex experience
• AWS experience
• Digital Agency experience
• Any iOS experience
• Being a Mac fan will help!
We’re a young fast growing digital agency based in the Fleet st area of London. There are currently 3 of us and we’re hoping to grow to 5 by the end of the year. We’re an easygoing bunch and we share our offices with a larger firm.
Salary is up to £50,000 depending on the individual and you get 25 days paid holiday in addition to bank holidays.
Upon starting you’ll be given a budget of £3,000 to spend on hardware and a Herman Miller Aeron!
How to apply
If you’re interested please send Paul at a brief cover note containing some links to your work (including github profile) and attach your CV.