Junior Web Designer
Manages the institutional Elmhurst College website on a daily basis. Develops and implements digital strategies for the enhancement of the College’s brand identity and engagement with key constituencies, particularly student recruitment and donor development. Will be a key lead in upcoming website redesign project, while maintaining existing web site.
1. Serves as designer and developer for the institutional website and other web properties (ex. newsletters, digital advertising campaigns and email marketing).
2. Collaborates with administrative and academic departments to create content consistent with the College brand; editing is required with most projects and is an important aspect of the position.
3. Enhances the website’s design and functionality from the user’s perspective.
4. Ensures web content meets the College’s style, tone, and brand standards, and works to ensure that site content is current and accurate.
5. Troubleshoots problems and works with content management system provider as needed.
6. Generates and analyzes web traffic and marketing campaign reports.
7. Identifies and evaluates strategic improvements, including new technology and software; monitors trends in the industry.
8. Contributes to ongoing enhancement of the website’s information architecture.
9. Develops and maintains vendor relationships and workflows.
10. Trains faculty and staff content owners on how to manage and edit their web content.
11. Supports the overall objectives of the Office of Communications and Public Affairs and the mission of Elmhurst College.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in design, web development or related field and a strong portfolio of work.
2. Ability to design and build web pages, develop and implement effective design concepts for the web and to communicate them effectively within a collaborative work environment.
3. Experience working with a content management system, Adobe Creative Cloud and Google Analytics.
4. Knowledge of web languages (HTML5, CSS, PHP, etc.) and W3C standards; familiarity with responsive design frameworks, SASS and GitHub.
5. Excellent multitasking, project management and interpersonal skills.
6. Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, with a commitment to high standards.
7. History of effectively implementing marketing strategies with design elements.
8. A passion for interactive design, social media and emerging technologies.
9. Manage multiple projects from inception to completion within established deadlines.
10. Ability to work both independently and as a contributing member of a multidisciplinary team.
Employee is subject to indoor work, protected from weather conditions. Work is sedentary in nature and involves exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently/constantly in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move object.