We are Canary Venture Co. We are digital fire starters with a curiosity complex. We engineer small wonders to unravel big problems.
Canary is an internally funded ideation company, a sort of micro-incubator for our own ideas. (read: we don’t do client work!) With a board of local investors, we are well funded, and we have unique insight across many industries. From that insight, we target problems, test solutions, and create companies. We are currently working on four projects which we’ll discuss more about should we feel like you’re a fit.
We are currently seeking a developer for one of those projects. However, this person will likely rotate to other projects as time goes on, new ideas form, etc.
More specifically on our needs for this project; Our ideal developer should have experience with creating a multi-user, MVC framework-driven hybrid application. Hybrid meaning a web app component for one user type, a mobile component for another user type, and an admin desktop dashboard –along with the API structure that needs to be written between a native (actually PhoneGap) app and a web app.
Some more specifics:
- Can JS
- Experience with MVC framework
- PHP, preferably codeignighter framework experience, Expression Engine CMS experience is a plus
- CSS preprocessor experience (LESS preferred)
- LAMP & some systems admin knowledge
Nice to Have:
- Native app deployment (iOS & Android) is a plus, but not required
- PhoneGap experience (titanium will do too)
- Understanding of responsive front-end development
This is a contract or contract-to-hire position. Lastly, this is not a startup, it is a funded company that grows new companies that behaves like a startup.
How to apply
Contact me at with your skillset, why you'd be a great fit, and your favorite Tesla color. (kidding about the Tesla.)